1. Mel Jurado, Temple Terrace Mayor
2. Marilee Jones, MIT Dean of Admissions
3. George O'Leary, Football Coach
4. Kenneth Lonchar, Veritas Chief Financial Officer
5. Sandra Baldwin, President and Chairman of the United States Olympic Committee
6. Scott Thompson, Yahoo CEO
7. Michael Brown, Head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
These public officials serve as painful reminders for recruiters and employees. Employees should know that one lie on one resume can ruin a career. And recruiters should know that failure to properly conduct background checks can lead to painful consequences. For peace of mind, recruiters should use a credible background screening company for all new employees, no matter the position.