Last Updated: April 17, 2017
A. WHAT INFORMATION Verified First COLLECTS FROM YOU
The amount of information provided by you and/or collected by Verified First depends on the circumstances. Verified First may collect two (2) types of information about you or the individuals you are ordering services on: Personal and Non-Personal.
- “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to any information about an identifiable individual (e.g. name, address, social security number, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address), or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information. Verified First may collect Personal Information when you use the Verified First solution. You may either enter in the information manually by typing it, or it may be mapped via regular expressions on the HTML of the page you are ordering from. Verified First treats personal information with the highest respect of privacy and security and only collect personal information necessary to perform services on your behalf which you have engaged us to perform.
- “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. website visitations limited to Verified First domains or products). Verified First may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
B. HOW Verified First COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
- Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Verified First services, Verified First may require you to provide us with certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Verified First.
- For Users, Verified First may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Verified First may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Verified First. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties other than Third Party Service Providers utilized by a User in connection with Verified First Services.
- User communications: When you send email or other communications to Us, We may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Verified First.
- Payment Information: Payment Information: When creating an Account, for certain Verified First, or when you make online purchases, you may be asked to provide information, which may include your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), your name and billing address, and the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV) and other financial data (“Payment Information”). We use Payment Information to complete transactions, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud. When you provide Payment Information while authenticated, we will store that data to help you complete future transactions without your having to provide the information again. We do not, however, retain the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV) in this manner. To remove or modify Payment Information, please contact us. After you close your account or remove Payment Information, however, we may retain your Payment Information for as long as reasonably necessary to complete your existing transaction and for the detection and prevention.
- Information Collected Through Technology. Verified First automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on any websites you request to interact or integrate with, the Verified First Software and the Verified First Services, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see below). If you have an Account, we may link this Non-Personal Information to your Account to better understand your needs and the needs of Users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of the Verified First, and better understand and market to our customers and Users.
- We use technology to automatically gather information by the following methods:
- IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Verified First Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Verified First may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Verified First Site and each time you request one of the pages of the Verified First Site, the server logs your IP address. Verified First uses tools such as Google Analytics and Pardot to monitor IP addresses of website traffic.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Verified First may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Verified First sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
- Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Verified First Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, videos, links, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, Verified First tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content by those that access your Content.
- Information You Provide About a Third Party
- You may have the opportunity to communicate with others from the Verified First, such as by sending account access to a colleague or notifying an applicant of a request to screen them. If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about the person with whom you wish to communicate (e.g., name, e-mail address, etc.). Verified First collects such information for the purposes of facilitating the requested communication, which may contain a specific promotional message from you (e.g., an invitation to watch a video). Unless we explicitly say otherwise, Verified First will not use this information for other marketing purposes without first obtaining consent from the person to whom the relevant information pertains. Please be aware that when you use any invitation functionality on the Verified First , your e-mail address, name or username, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
C. HOW Verified First USES YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information
- Verified First identifies the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will identify any additional purposes for which we will collect your Personal Information, before or at the time of collection, and we will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for such additional purpose(s).
- By using the Verified First , you will be deemed to consent to our use of your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- communicating with you generally;
- processing your purchases;
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- providing information or services requested by you;
- administering and managing the Verified First Site and our business operations;
- personalizing your experience with the Verified First Site, as well as evaluating statistics on Verified First Site activity;
- performing statistical analyses of your behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Verified First Site;
- communicating with you on other websites;
- e-mail gating;
- delivery of content and information to Third Party Services Providers;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements; and/or
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time that we collect it.
- Users utilize Verified First to order, view results, and share results of Background Screening, Drug Screening, and many other employment related services. As part of this process Verified First may collect from you Personal Information as well as Personal Information of individuals you choose to share with us to perform the services you have ordered. Please see Section D to understand what Verified First may do with this information.
- Otherwise, we will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting us (see the “How to Access and Change Your Personal Information” section below).
- Non-Personal Information
- Verified First may use Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- System Administration: Verified First may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Verified First servers, monitoring Verified First's system performance and traffic on the Verified First and to gather broad demographic information about Verified First Users.
- Advertising: Verified First may use Non-Personal Information to assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Updating Your Personal Information
- Upon request, Verified First shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Verified First shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information may be submitted to Admin@VerifiedFirst.com.
- E-mail Preferences
- Verified First may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Verified First or from Verified First's marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to privacy@VerifiedFirst.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once Verified First's has processed your opt-out request, Verified First will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Except as described below, we do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to outside parties. This statement does not include trusted third party service providers who assist us in administering and providing the Verified First or provide services to us. Examples include storing and managed Content, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, integrations of Third Party Services such as CRM and MAP services, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third party service providers will have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
We may share Payment Information with third parties for purposes of fraud prevention or to process payment transactions.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or for safety. We may also provide non-Personal Information to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Information, including Personal Information, which we collect from Users and Viewers, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, in the unlikely event that we go out of business, enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Lastly, we may provide Users with certain identifiable usage information directly related to the videos and/or other Content that they make available through the Verified First . Such information may include how many and which Content of a particular User was watched by a particular Viewer, from where a particular Content was watched by a particular Viewer and how many times a particular Content was watched by a particular Viewer. In addition, if you, as a Viewer, provide Personal Information (e.g. e-mail address) as part of accessing and viewing Content, that Personal Information may be collected by us, a provider of Third Party Services or an Integrated Platform on behalf of the User who owns the Content and shared with that User or Third Party Service providers to that User, as we and others are their service provider. The use of such information will be subject to the information and privacy practices and policies of such Users and Verified First will not be responsible or liable or the use of any information by such Users and any Verified First will not be responsible for their use of your information.
Under certain exceptional circumstances, Verified First may have a legal duty or right to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent. In accordance with applicable laws, We will not disclose any consumer information (which may include Personal Information) without your written consent, except where consumer information is required to be disclosed: (i) for billing or market operation purposes; (ii) for law enforcement purposes; or (iii) for the purpose of complying with a legal requirement.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your information for the above purposes. If your Personal Information is shared with third parties other than Users, those third parties may be, but are not always, subject to appropriate agreements with Verified First and/or its Users to secure and protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Verified First takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) Verified First's data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Verified First stores Personal Information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
All Verified First employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
G. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
H. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Verified First may contain links to third party websites or services, including Third Party Services, (collectively, “Third Party Sources”) who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Links to Third Party Sources are intended for convenience only. Third Party Sources are wholly independent from Verified First. Third Party Source may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Verified First. Verified First: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
I. HOW TO CONTACT US
Email us: email@example.com at 888-670-9564
Verified First, LLC
1550 S Tech Lane Suite 200
Meridian, ID 83713