The bad news is this happens when qualified candidates are applying for a job you’ve posted. They've just spent 15 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour filling out an application on your application tracking system (ATS). Now, your background screening solution asks for all the same information again. The candidate decides it’s not worth it and moves on. Your applicant inventory just dropped by one.
That's just one example of why integrating your ATS to a background screening solution makes good business sense. Here are 10 reasons why you should think about it.
- Processes are streamlined.
- Duplicate data entry is eliminated.
- Potential data entry errors are reduced.
- Faster time-to-hire.
- Improvement of your employment brand.
- Better user experience.
- Reduced complexity for you and the candidate.
- Only one user interface for you and your HR staff.
- A full view and understanding of the hiring process.
- No paperwork to file and information stored digitally at your fingertips.
The #11 bonus reason is that in a tight labor market it’s important for you to respect the time and effort it takes for your talent pool to apply. Annoyed candidates are not good.
So, what should you look for in an integrated solution?
- Easy to integrate. Avoid the fancy tech speak. If you don’t get it it’s too complicated.
- Make sure the user experience is easy and effortless.
- Don’t pay thousands of dollars for the integration. In today’s climate, it’s not necessary. Look for almost nothing to free.
- Your background screening or ATS vendor should have an off the shelf solution that is one of their core competencies.
- The integration solution should be fully supported and come with a future development plan.
- The background screening vendor should have a robust partner program that gives you several ATS’ to choose from.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY – the background screening vendor should have plans to preserve the integration as updates to the solution occur.
Verified First is the only background screening company that has an app on the Salesforce.com AppExchange. The app can be integrated with any ATS built on the Salesforce.com platform including JobScience, Talent Rover, and FinancialForce.
Click here to find out more or call 888-852-8504.